Thursday, October 25, 2012

24 Weeks



How far along?          24 weeks

Total Weight Gain:    This past week +2 lb, Total +7 lbs.

Maternity Clothes:    I bought 3 sweaters this week!  I’m still rotating between two pairs of maternity jeans and a pair of low-rise regular jeans.  Usually if I’m just relaxing at home I’m in comfy PJ’s.

Continuing Symptoms:         Feeling movement, sore breasts, I’m generally just feeling good, feel my muscles stretching, mild occasional back pain, mild occasional restless legs.  I do have some other symptoms that some people may not care to read about (various breast changes, or things such as darkening hair on my stomach.. ).    

New Symptoms:        I’ve had a little bit of hip pain while sleeping, but mostly only when I forget to use the pillow between my knees.

Sleep:              I’ve been sleeping great!  I really appreciate that I’ve been sleeping so well.  I know a lot of women at this point already have to make trips to the bathroom in the night or have worse joint pains/aches while sleeping.  I feel very lucky so far.

Cravings/Aversions:  Sweets are still my weak spot and cravings.  I ate so many sweets while away on a weekend retreat this past week… Yet, I still want sweets, haha.  Well I am making a couple of delicious fall/Halloween treats this week.

Stretch Marks:           Nope.

Special Moments:      I enjoyed being pregnant around a bunch of ladies this past weekend, especially in this Christian setting.  It was kind of neat to have people pray for/over my baby as well as me.  It was also neat talking about being pregnant or just enjoying the extra concern and attention, heehee.

Miss anything?           I really missed not being able to sleep on my stomach on the retreat.  My thin little sleeping mat just didn’t do the trick for side sleeping… ouch!  Luckily another lady had an extra mat and I had brought extra pillows.

Belly Button in or out?         In, and still sporting the piercing.

Wedding rings on or off?      On.

Looking forward to:  Having my sister around this next week!  I think the past few days baby’s been aiming more kicks inward than toward the outside of my stomach.  I told her that she better start kicking/punching outward soon so that her Aunt Ashley can feel some really good jabs!  I’m also looking forward to receiving the cute things that Ashley and my mom bought for baby.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I was so happy to see your posted an update! Ashley and Gabe are all packed up and on their way. I think Ashley may need a crane to move her suitcases LOL. Take a video for me to see, while she is up there. I'd love to see all your costumes! Love you!

    ReplyDelete