Monday, October 31, 2011

Recipe of the Week

I found the following recipe on allrecipes.com.  It's actual title there was "Grilled Salmon I", but I renamed it, haha.  Also, since I only cook for 2, typically, I reduced the amount of ingredients as necessary.  The ingredients shown are as they are in the original.  Also, instead of seasoning the fish prior to marinating, I did it afterwards... So, do whatever floats your boat.

Sweet & Tangy Grilled Salmon
Servings: 6, Time: 2 hours to marinate, 30 minutes prep/cook

Ingredients:
1-1/2 lb salmon
lemon pepper, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
salt, to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions:
1.  Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
2.  In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and oil until sugar is dissolved.
3.  Place fish in a resealable plastic bag with soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4.  Preheat grill, or pan.  Place salmon on grill/pan and discard marinade.  Cook salmon on each side until it flakes easily with fork (about 6-8 min per side).

No comments:

Post a Comment