Sunday, October 16, 2011

Recipe of the Week

I've decided to post a recipe a week.  It may be something new that I really loved, or it may be a regular favorite.  So the recipe of the week this week is....:

Maple Mustard Pork Chops
Makes 2 servings

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp olive oil
1 small clove garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
2 bone-in pork chops

Directions:
1.  In a small bowl, stir together the syrup, mustard, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2.  Place the chops and mustard mixture inside a large ziploc plastic bag, then thoroughly coat the chops.
3.  Cook each side of the chops on a skillet.  In the last minute of cooking, pour the remaining mustard mixture onto the chops.  (This recipe states 3-4 minutes on each side on med-high heat.  I prefer to cook mine on med-low to med, and I don't use a timer, I just judge by appearance, and make sure the meat is cooked thoroughly before removing from heat)

This recipe is a regular in our house.  We got it from menshealth.com when my husband was doing the Belly Off program.  I usually serve these pork chops with apple sauce and some sort of green vegetable.

1 comment:

  1. I think your calling should have been a Chef LOL. You and Carlos are always coming up with great recipes and your not afraid to experiment with tasty morsels. :)

    ReplyDelete