Monday, October 31, 2011

New workout

So I completed the "3-week to a Bikini Body Workout", although I extended it to 4 weeks.  Last week, I didn't really do a workout "program".  That week, however, I did go on a four hour hike, a 1 hour hike, a 2.5 mile run, and lots of walking through downtown Seattle.  So... there was still lots of physical activity.

This week I will be starting a program entitled "Intermediate Running for Weight Loss".  Now, I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight, but I do like the looks of the program.  I found this program on the Women's Health Magazine web site.  The pre-requisite for the intermediate program is that you be able to run/jog for 30 minutes at any speed.  The program starts you off with 30 minute runs and over the course of 6 weeks gets you running for an hour straight.  The runs are 4 days a week with 2 days a week doing resistance workouts, and one day for rest.  There are two different resistance workouts for the first 3 weeks, and another two different resistance workouts for the final 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment