Friday, October 7, 2011

Snacks & New Recipes

I thought I'd first share they types of snacks that I normally eat throughout the day.  I eat 2-3 snacks during the day.  I typically try to pair something with protein with some sort of fruit or vegetable, but that's not set in stone for me.  Having protein with a snack helps to keep me from getting hungry sooner.  Here are some of the items I will have:
  • Protein:  Nuts, lunch meat, lowfat string cheese, chocolate milk, cottage cheese, yoghurt
  • Fruits or Vegetable
  • Popcorn
  • Toast
I also wanted to talk about a new recipe I just tried out.  Being that it's the fall, I really wanted to try some pumpkin recipes, but I also wanted to keep it on the healthy side.  So... I just made some whole wheat pumpkin muffins with cranberries and walnuts.  They tasted how I expected... healthy.  Haha.  But I did enjoy the one that I ate, and I made it a little less healthy by spreading some margarine on it, yum!  If you're interested in the recipe, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like the pumpkin muffin recipe! I also noticed that on your snacks you listed nuts twice LOL. I bet Nuts if your favorite haha. I won't be eating them for a while :( with the braces. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete