Thursday, September 13, 2012

18 Weeks



How far along?          18 weeks

Total Weight Gain:    This past week +4 lb, Total +1 lbs. That’s right, I gained 4 lbs in a week… I guess I can stop worrying about being able to gain weight, haha.  I certainly don’t want to keep gaining at that rate!!

Maternity Clothes:    I will probably go jeans shopping in the next week or two.

Continuing Symptoms:         Body acne, sore breasts, veins on chest are more noticeable, I’m generally just feeling good.  I do have some other symptoms that some people may not care to read about (various breast changes, or things such as darkening hair on my stomach.. )

New Symptoms:        Finally feeling movement!!  Carlos (my husband) has even been able to feel it!  So exciting!!  I was really patient in waiting for the first time to feel movement, but now that I felt it, I just keep waiting for that next wriggle or punch!

Sleep:              Again this week there were a couple of nights this week where I had dreams about our big ultrasound and I woke up too excited to go back to sleep.  Last night was just a cycle of ultrasound dreams and waking up excited.  I’m still having a bit of a back ache while sleeping; I’m going to try adding some more pillow support tonight.

Cravings/Aversions:  Well this past week I have satisfied all of my cravings (thus the 4 lb weight gain, haha):  Cheetos, raviolis, ice cream, French toast, banana muffins, pickles…  Time to return to my conservative (yet moderate) self.  =)

Stretch Marks:           Nope.

Special Moments:      The world now knows about our pregnancy!  I got to hear the baby’s heartbeat again on Tue (it was in the 140’s), and I think the neatest part about this past week has been feeling movement!

Miss anything?           Still wishing I could have some beer with Carlos (though I did have a taste of his beer).

Belly Button in or out?         In.

Wedding rings on or off?      On.

Looking forward to:  The ultrasound tomorrow!!!  And baby’s next big movements!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! This all sounds like wonderful progress! Of course I've talked to you since the ultrasound, but I wanted to comment anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete