Thursday, February 7, 2013

39 Weeks



How far along?          39 weeks

Total Weight Gain:    This past week 1 lb, Total +25 lbs.

Maternity Clothes:    No changes or additions, though I’m pretty much just sticking with one pair of jeans these days.

Continuing Symptoms:         Baby movement (I can feel her everywhere in my torso! I'm all baby!), back, sciatic, or hip pain, restless legs, Braxton hicks, increased bathroom trips, things are more difficult to do, and I get tired and/or achy very easily, etc

New Symptoms:        Nothing new exactly.  I’m continuing to get more and more uncomfortable, mostly with regards to hip and sciatic pain, shortness of breath, and crowding to my ribs.  I’ve also been quite moody lately (happy, frustrated, crying, then happy, then happy crying, etc… haha)

Sleep:              Same…  I’m still having once a night bathroom trips, but I’m sleeping well (most nights) and falling asleep quickly after I get up at night.  I’ve been having more nights in which my hips/back bother me more and they’re usually aching when I wake up.

Cravings:         Chocolate and chocolates.

Stretch Marks:           Not yet… well... maybe not.  I have three lines on my belly that just instantly appeared overnight last night.  They look like scratches (straight pink lines, and kind of sting to touch), so I'm hoping that's what they are... time will tell.

Special Moments:      I really wanted to make it to at least 39 weeks because of the likely benefits of the baby staying in the womb for that long, and today I’m there!  Yea!  Yesterday I went to a La Leche League meeting, so that was neat to meet some experienced moms, moms-to-be, and brand new moms.  Supposedly weight gain is supposed to slow down in the last month, but it hasn’t for me, haha.  I finally acquired that rounder pregnancy face; I just feel more filled out everywhere.  I don’t mind too much, I feel very womanly!

Miss anything?           Being able to squeeze between things (furniture, people, etc), sleeping on my back and stomach, running, being able to easily lean or bend over to pick up things, being able to stand close to the sink while washing dishes, having an alcoholic beverage, eating cold sandwich meat, wearing my non-maternity clothes…  I ran into my belts the other day and I was like, “Oh yeah, I used to wear those…”

Belly Button in or out?         Same… my belly button is still in, but it’s also out…  It’s in, but you wouldn’t necessarily know that looking through a shirt or something, because the skin kind of sticks out.

Wedding rings on or off?      On.

Looking forward to:  At this point, mostly just looking forward to baby’s arrival!  I think Carlos is starting to get more nervous about the labor and delivery, but I know he’ll do well.  I’m surprised I’m not more nervous, I’m sure more nerves will kick in when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment