Sunday, June 5, 2011

New Workout Plan

So... I have decided that I am more consistent with my workouts if I use a workout plan that is for a specific amount of time.  For instance... the one I am starting tomorrow is a 6 week "Ultimate Fitness Plan".  I find that if I have a specific time period that I will be doing the workouts, then it's easier to push through it when I don't want to work out (I say to myself "just 4 more weeks", etc).  At the completion of the program/plan, I then find and begin a new one.  It keeps things interesting to my mind and my body.

The plan I will be starting tomorrow is definitely ambitious for me.  Not that the workouts are difficult, it's that it is a 5 day a week plan.  I am typically proud of myself if I do 3 days a week, but this is a workout plan that I have been really wanting to try.  I actually found it a year ago on womenshealthmag.com.  It is probably no longer available since its full title is "The Ultimate Fitness Plan 2010."

Each week in the plan has three days of resistance training circuits (5 different circuits, 8 different moves varying by the day and week), and two days of cardio intervals (3 different interval sets with the freedom to choose which one).

This is also ambitious for me since I will be trying to do the workouts in the morning before work.  Which means I will need to go to sleep earlier, which is easier said than done, but let's see how it goes.  I would do the workouts after work, but it is just way to hot outside (and inside actually) here to attempt that.

So... I will update you on how the week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment